Brighten Your Smile
Often, your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. If you have yellow or stained teeth, this can impact the way people perceive you and damage your confidence.
Thankfully, Dr. Mischissin and our team offer two quick ways to whiten your teeth for a bright and flawless smile.
What Causes Stained Teeth?
There are a variety of different factors that can lead to stained teeth. Some of the most common are:
- Poor Oral Care — If you don’t brush and floss every day, as well as visit your dentist for regular checkups, your teeth will become stained and discolored.
- Tobacco — Smoking or chewing tobacco leaves nicotine stains on your teeth that make them look yellow.
- Some Foods and Beverages — Many popular beverages are known teeth-stainers including coffee, tea, soda, and red wine. Some foods may also stain your teeth including berries, curry, and pomegranates.
- Certain Medications — Antibiotics such as tetracycline or doxycycline may cause stains on your teeth.
- Aging — As you get older, your teeth will inevitably lose some of their natural shine and may develop stains.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
Though in-office treatment delivers faster results, some patients prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own home. If you’re one of these patients, Dr. Mischissin can provide customized whitening trays to take home with you. These trays are fitted to your teeth, ensuring they fit comfortably and work effectively.
Since the bleaching gel is less concentrated compared to in-office treatment, you won’t see a difference in your smile for at least a week or two. However, the final results will be just as stunning and you won’t have to worry about fitting an appointment into your schedule.
Visit Gentle Dental For Professional Teeth Whitening
If you want a perfect, radiant smile, teeth whitening can help make your dream a reality.
Call our Cape May Court House practice at (609) 465-4411 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Mischissin today — your smile will shine like never before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! As long as you visit a qualified dentist for teeth whitening, the procedure is completely safe. Over-the-counter whitening gels are often unreliable and inconsistent, but whitening products provided through your dentist can be trusted.
If you visit us for an in-office treatment, Dr. Mischissin will ensure your comfort and safety throughout the procedure. If you choose our take-home whitening option, just to make sure to follow all the instructions and ask Dr. Mischissin if you’re unsure about anything.
We understand that some patients have sensitive teeth and are concerned that the bleaching gel will hurt. Rest assured, this isn’t the case, as most patients report no discomfort at all during treatment. Before applying the bleaching gel, Dr. Mischissin will administer a local anesthetic to numb your teeth and ensure you don’t feel any pain.
Since teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure, most insurance plans won’t cover it. You may be able to get a portion of your treatment cost covered depending on the terms of your plan. The amount of payment can vary depending on your provider. If you have any questions about your insurance benefits, our team will be happy to assist you.
Teeth whitening isn’t a permanent procedure. After a teeth whitening treatment, how long the results last can vary significantly. Some patients will have new stains in just 6 months while others may be able to last for 2 or 3 years before they need another whitening session.
To help maximize your results, Dr. Mischissin recommends the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss at least once a day, and visit us for biannual checkups
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco
- Limit your consumption of teeth-staining foods and beverages